As far as great names for programs go, Cookie Monster has to be one of my favorites - I'm just waiting for one called Oscar The Trash (there's surely some kind of recycle bin app potential there) to supersede it.
Alas, Cookie Monster has nothing to do with everyone's favourite greedy Sesame Street character and is quite simply a utility to manage your cookies.It works with all major browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape and Opera plus it also works with any Gecko-based browser
Cookie Monster allows you to define which cookies you want to preserve and then delete the remaining ones with a simple mouse click. It can also detect cookies from sites included in your favorites and/or bookmarks. It's particularly useful if you don't want to disable or block all cookies but need to let through just one or two particular ones (such as for online banking).
Cookie Monster is useful if you're having specific problems with cookies although the fact is most browsers allow you to manage cookies fairly well anyway.
- Added support for Firefox 3 and Google Chrome.
- The program now detects Opera 8/9 (basic support only).
- Removed support for Netscape 4 since it's not used anymore.
- The program now checks if any of the browsers is open before trying to delete any cookie.
- Added the cookie creation date to the info panel (only for IE and Chrome).
- Added keyboard shortcuts for the adding/removing cookies to/from the protected list.
- Changed the lists font from Arial to Verdana in order to improve readability.
- Modified several keyboard shortcuts so they use more standard keyboard combinations.
- Fixed the order in the preserved cookies list.
- Some other minor changes and fixes.